Melbourne Desk Company P/L (Hereafter referred to as MDC)
MDC respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it in accordance with the Australian Privacy Act.
Personal Information collected and maintained by MDC generally comprises of:
- Customer name, address, contact details (including phone, fax and e-mail) and trade references;
- Names and addresses of the directors, proprietors and owners of corporate customers and any personal guarantors, which is collected as a part of our credit application processes;
- Reports from credit reporting agencies; and
- This personal information is collected for the purposes of establishing a relationship with our customers, performing the necessary credit checks in accordance with our credit application processes, providing and marketing our goods and services to customers and receiving payment for the same.
Ancillary to our core business activities, we also collect and maintain records of personal information. For example:
Contractor name, address, licence, contact and emergency contact details which are used for the purposes of managing our various contractors in accordance with the requirements of our customers and our business requirements; and potential employee resumes and contact details which are used as a part of the recruitment process for new employees.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Personal information is used by MDC for its legitimate business purposes, as disclosed at the time of collection. It is also used for ancillary purposes such as locating and identifying you and for servicing our relationship with you.
Your contact details may also be used by us for the purposes of sending marketing correspondence to you. You may make a request to us not to receive direct marketing communications.
MDC undertakes not to sell, rent or trade personal information
MDC will not otherwise use or disclose your personal information unless the use or disclosure is authorised under the National Privacy Principles. Some examples of where use or disclosure is authorised under the National Privacy Principles are:
- Where the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law;
- Use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety;
- Use or disclosure is necessary to investigate suspected unlawful activity, to prevent or detect a criminal offence or seriously improper conduct;
- Use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for the conduct of or preparation for court proceedings; or
- You have consented, either expressly or impliedly, to our disclosing the information about you.
Personal information quality
We seek to keep personal information that is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this, please contact us if any of the details you have provided change. Further, if you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, contact us and we will correct it.
Personal information security
MDC is committed to keeping secure the data you provide us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised access or alteration.
MDC will destroy personal information when it is no longer required by us.
Access to personal information
On request we will provide you with access to the personal information we store about you, but only to the extent we are able by law, and are required under the National Privacy Principles.
Under the Privacy Act we may charge for our reasonable costs in giving you access to personal information held about you.
Promotional and marketing material
We acknowledge and respect an individual’s choice to opt – out of MDC’s direct marketing communications activities. Should you decide you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional materials from MDC please contact us in writing (via email, fax or letter), being sure to include your name, address and contact details(s)
Changes to this statement
MDC may make changes to this Privacy Statement from time to time, if so MDC will publish those changes on our web site. This Privacy Statement was last amended on 21st, March 2020
Contact us about privacy